Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Trip to Florida

Wednesday I left to Florida to photograph my nephew Jack and see my step Brother Jamey and Sister in Law Jamie (I LOVE Them!!). The journey began with a stop in Colorado for a night to see friends, the sweet Chrissy D, Manda and Ryan. Hung out with mom too. Thursday was a lucky day when at the airport it started to snow and a flight at the gate that I was to leave threatened to delay my flight to Florida by over 2 hours. A quick change of gates and the flight left only a half hour behind schedule.


In the morning I saw baby Jack! He is growing up to fast and is adorable!!! We got a lot of real fun photos this weekend. Jamie girl also had an event with her and her company Confetti that she put together a candy bar for. I took a Real Goody bag home!! (thank you)




On the way home to Los Angeles there was another stop over in Colorado... when I landed I called mom to tell her we were in the same state. she said we are waiting for you. When exited to plane there at the gate was Mom and Jim. He was catching a flight for work and mom printed herself out a ticket (she works for the airlines) to get threw security so we could eat lunch together. That was a great surprise.
the flight home


Before leaving Jamie Girl and I decided to lend my services to the neighborhood families that had not had Christmas pictures taken. The appointments filled up nicely and I made enough to pay my half of rent and met some really wonderful families! It felt good to be taking pictures and although I am not really into retail photography I can't replace the joy of having the camera in my hands. On the flight into Florida I was siting next to a co-worker of my moms, a real nice lady. We talked about photography, and in that conversation I told her a lot about my dreams and passion for it, things I thought may come crashing down when college was done and I relocated to Los Angeles. I realize now even with a dead job market, in a new place with no job I am still just as passionate about photography as I ever was.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm glad your trip to FL worked out well. The pictures of Jack are just SO CUTE! Retail or not...you're a rock star when it comes to photography.